Created on 30 September, 2022 | 5,049 views | 8 minutes read
Last updated: 30 September 2022
What does 7links.co do / business?
7links.co is the launchpad to your latest video, article, recipe, tour, store, website, social post, and other content. We connect your audience to wherever you are online, and make your content more discoverable and easier to manage. Our Website (located at https://linktr.ee/) and other digital properties (such as our mobile app and Developer Portal) (together our “Platform”) provides information about us and allows individuals and businesses to sign-up as 7links.co Users (to create a personalised, easily-customisable page), as Subscribers (to subscribe to and follow 7links.co Users), or as developers (to create functionality that interacts with our Platform) (together, the “7links.co Services“).
The pages that 7links.co Users are able to create using the 7links.co Services are referred to in this Privacy Notice as “User Profiles“. User Profiles are accessible by the public.
How does this Privacy Notice apply to me?
This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information we collect as a controller from:
- visitors to our Platform (“Platform Visitors“);
- individuals, representatives of individuals, or companies that sign up to use our 7links.co Services via a paid plan (“Paid Plan Users“) or free plan (“Free Plan Users“), together our “7links.co Users“;
- individuals that sign up to subscribe to and/or follow User Profiles (“Subscribers“);
- individuals that visit and interact with User Profiles (“Profile Visitors“);
- developers that sign up to our Developer Portal in order to build functionality that interacts with the 7links.co Services (“7links.co Developers”); and
- individuals who respond to our surveys, marketing materials or participate in trade promotions or competitions that we may run from time to time.
This Privacy Notice, applies to the processing of personal information by 7links.co as a controller. When we talk about 7links.co acting as a “controller”, we mean that 7links.co determines the purpose and the means of the processing (i.e. we make decisions about how we will handle your personal information). Because of the nature of our services, we can also act as a “processor” on behalf of 7links.co Users. This means that, when we are instructed by a 7links.co User, we can facilitate processing of Profile Visitors’ and Subscribers’ personal information on behalf of that 7links.co User (“Processor Services“). This Privacy Notice does not address Processor Services. If you are a Profile Visitor or Subscriber, and want to know how a 7links.co User handles your personal information, please get in touch with the 7links.co User directly and/or refer to any privacy notice on the relevant User Profile.
If you provide us with information about another person (if, for example, you are a representative of an individual), you must provide them with a copy of this Privacy Notice and let that other person know that we use their personal information in the ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you provide voluntarily
When you sign up to become a 7links.co User, a Subscriber, use or interact with our 7links.co Services or staff, visit our Platform, visit a User Profile, sign up to our Developer Portal, respond to a survey or participate in a trade promotion we may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. For example, if you are a Free Plan User we will ask you to provide your email address, name, username, hashed password, vertical (industry to which your account relates) and marketing preferences. If you are a Paid Plan User we will also ask for your full name, billing email address, billing address and payment method in order to facilitate billing. If you are a Subscriber, we will ask you to provide your email address or SMS number.To opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails or SMS we may send you or completing our Data Request Form.You may also provide us with your personal data when you submit queries or make a report to us (such as an Intellectual Property Report or Counter Notice). For example, we may ask you to provide your name and email address so that we can respond to your queries. If you are making an Intellectual Property Report or Counter Notice, we ask you to provide your name, address, email address, phone number and details regarding the intellectual property rights concerned.If you are a Profile Visitor, a User might request that you provide your email address, mobile number, date of birth or age, or other personal information in order to access elements of a User Profile (such as locked content). We may use the results of such access (i.e. successful or unsuccessful access attempts) to produce aggregated statistics for our own internal purposes and to improve the 7links.co Services.
You may also provide personal information voluntarily if you respond to our surveys, marketing materials, or through your participation in trade promotions and competitions we may run from time to time.
Information that we collect automatically
Further, we may undertake automatic scanning of User Profiles and links to determine whether mandatory or default sensitive content warnings should be applied and presented to Profile Visitors who wish to access the relevant User Profile or linked content, and to determine if any content should be removed or any User Profiles should be suspended in line with our Community Standards and/or Terms of Service. Where a User changes their User Profile, we will also notify relevant Subscribers to that User Profile that updates have been made.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including from service providers that help us run marketing campaigns or competitions and our partners who help us provide our 7links.co Services). In all cases, we will only receive such data where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
Our services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the 7links.co Services and do not provide us with your personal information. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that an individual (of whom you are a parent or guardian) under the Age Limit has provided us with personal information, please contact us. We will, upon notice or discovery, take all reasonable efforts to erase or destroy any personal information that may have been collected or stored by us about that individual.
Why do we collect your personal information?
In general, we will use the information we collect for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. These include:
- To provide and deliver the 7links.co Services and to assess, maintain and improve the performance and functionality of the 7links.co Services.
- To ensure the 7links.co Services are relevant to you and your device, to notify you about changes to the 7links.co Services, and to deliver targeted and/or localised content based on your user data, location and preferences.
- For consumer research and to allow you to participate in surveys or interactive features of the 7links.co Services when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support and to process and respond to a request, complaint or Intellectual Property Report or Counter Notice that you may have made.
- To monitor the usage of the 7links.co Services and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To process payments for Paid Plan Users.
- To conduct business planning, reporting, and forecasting.
- To deliver promotional materials, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
- For the administration of our business including for fulfilling and exercising our obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims, to comply with our legal obligations and law enforcement requests, and managing the relationship with you.
- To verify your identity and to detect fraud and potential fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the 7links.co Services.
- To include 7links.co User content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote 7links.co.
- To inform our algorithms so we can deliver the most relevant recommendations to you, including of User Profiles that you may be interested in.